[Asterisk-Users] Snom 200

Barry Fawthrop voip at ttienterprises.org
Sun Mar 21 09:17:02 MST 2004

Thanks Willy and others

It seems I am not able to make myself clear on my two problems
I wish to try again, as I'm sure it is not the phones, but
some stupid config problem on my part. I repeat alot of
what I have said in order to try make myself clear.

I have a 4401, 4403 and 4405 in sip.conf all set the same

[440x]  {where x is either 1, 3 or 5}
type        = friend
username    = 440x
secret      = 1234
nat         = yes
host        = dynamic
context     = local-access
accountcode = mark
mailbox     = 440x
dtmfmode    = inband

I have extensions 4401, 4403 and 4405 in extensions.conf
{where x is either 1, 3 or 5}
exten => 440x,1,Dial(SIP/440x,20)
exten => 440x,2,Voicemail2(u${EXTEN})
exten => 440x,3,Hangup
exten => 440x,102,Voicemail2(b${EXTEN})
exten => 440x,103,Hangup

the Asrerisk CLI, reports everything ok, in that the two phones are
registered see here

* CLI>
    -- Registered SIP '4405' at 24.129.a.b port 15061 expires 3600  (I
assume the port diff, due to two
                                                                     phones
on the same network, my guess
                                                                     I never
set ports anywhere)
    -- Registered SIP '4403' at 24.129.a.b port 5060 expires 3600

* CLI>

Two of the phones 4403 and 4405 are configured the same via the web browser.
So I have the phones configured the same, I have * deal with the phones the
same (as the * configs are the same). Both Phones have Version 2.03o 5442.
So seeing that phone on both sides (actual phone and * server) are
configured the same, you would expect them to act the same. Not the case.

If 4403 dials 4405 * CLI reports this
  == Everyone is busy at this time
    -- Playing 'vm-theperson' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'digits/4' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'digits/4' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'digits/0' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'digits/5' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-isonphone' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-intro' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'beep' (language 'en')

If 4405 dials 4403 * CLI reports this
  == Everyone is busy at this time
    -- Playing 'voicemail/default/4403/busy' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-intro' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'beep' (language 'en')

The two phones are next to each other.
When 4403 dials 4405, 4405 does not even ring or anything
When 4405 dials 4403, 4403 does not even ring or anything
Yet as from above The Phones are reported busy, busy by who
they are actually idle.

That is all problem 1, the phones report busy, while sitting idle

Problem 2, If I pick up the handset I hear the dialtone (proof the phone is
connected)
When I dial an extension which is set to play the time and date, the * CLI
scrolls the
voice saying date an time. Yet the Handset is silent, Why? If I hear the
dialtone at the
start why does the handset go dead, surely I should hear the voice on the
other side
talking (in this case the * server)?

See this post is long and so I have not posted all sip.conf and
extensions.conf file, just parts
If needed I can e-mail direct the sip.conf and extensions.conf.

Thanks again,
Barry  (Just trying to get my new snom 200s to work)