[Asterisk-Users] Snom 200

Geert Nijpels nijpels at euronet.nl
Sun Mar 21 12:26:20 MST 2004

Barry Fawthrop wrote:

>Thanks Willy and others
>
>It seems I am not able to make myself clear on my two problems
>I wish to try again, as I'm sure it is not the phones, but
>some stupid config problem on my part. I repeat alot of
>what I have said in order to try make myself clear.
>
><SNIP>
>That is all problem 1, the phones report busy, while sitting idle

This is a known problem.  Sometimes the SNOM's seem to go to BUSY
without any cause. At least no indicator is shown in the display. A
possible solution is posted here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-SNOM+phones

If it does not solve the problem, try to reset the phone to default
settings and power cycle it. With the latest firmware I did not see the
problem yet, but I see the other bugs (crash + transfer, I'm busy
emailing with SNOM about these bugs).

>Problem 2, If I pick up the handset I hear the dialtone (proof the phone is
>connected)
>When I dial an extension which is set to play the time and date, the * CLI
>scrolls the
>voice saying date an time. Yet the Handset is silent, Why? If I hear the
>dialtone at the
>start why does the handset go dead, surely I should hear the voice on the
>other side
>talking (in this case the * server)?

The dialtone is no indication you can setup an RTP stream. You should
test it with the asterisk built in ECHO server. Make sure there is no
firewall activated which can block the traffic. If it still doesn't
work, check the "sip debug" output for errors or retransmits.

Kind regards,

Geert