[Asterisk-Users] Message waiting indicators

Oliver Wilcock oliver at owch.ca
Sat Mar 20 09:30:01 MST 2004

A post in 2002 refered to Mike Sandman as a source for inexpensive (cheap)
message waiting indicators.  I called Mike but he doesn't know what
Asterisk is (!) and wants to know what type of phone system I have or what
protocol it uses so that he can send me a compatible indicator.  I tried
these acronyms on him: ADSI, MDMF, SDMF but he doesn't recognize them.
What can I tell him so that I can order the right part?  Or which popular
switch is Asterisk compatible with?

The post to which I refer:
http://www.marko.net/asterisk/archives/0209/0588.html

The style I'm interested in: Modular #WAL2D