[Asterisk-Users] Important: The Asterisk Mailing list (newsubject)

Darren Nickerson darren.nickerson at ifax.com
Sat Mar 20 07:37:12 MST 2004

> You give too much credit to people, indeed.  I cannot say about this list,
> but most lists I use have high corporate populations, where the users
> *have* to use mailers like Outlook or (cringe) Notes.

Outlook and Outlook express implement Reply, and Reply All, which works well
without needing reply-to munging.

> > Some very compelling arguments are very clearly explained in the essay I
> > pointed you to, and replying with "use your mail filters or unsubscribe"
is
> > not a very productive response (even if it COULD fix the problem).
>
> Nor is "List owner, action my request or resign" ;-)

I agree ... that was very much tongue in cheek, and the smiley was there.

> I did read the article you pointed to, and neither you or the article's
> author have convinced me that this is a good thing.

You don't have to agree with us. Thanks for reading it, at least!

> When the entire world is using My Favourite Mailer, let's talk again.
> Until then, let's stick with what works for -- and is understood by -- the
> vast majority of people.

While I don't agree that the convention of this list reflects the vast
majority of well-run mailing lists, and I contend that it is counter to what
is understood by the majority, I am happy to let the thread die.

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson
Senior Sales & Support Engineer