[Asterisk-Users] Schools/Districts using asterisk?

Steve Creel screel at turbs.com
Thu Mar 18 13:21:38 MST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Chris Hobbs wrote:

>I'm investigating asterisk to use as a replacement for an aging Lucent
>PBX in our district office, as well as replacing the Centrex/intercom
>based systems at our schools.
>
>I'm curious if any other schools/districts are using asterisk? If so,
>I'd certainly be interested in talking about your setup.

Chris,

We're in the process (final phase to be completed in the next two weeks)
of replacing our AT&T/Lucent/Avaya solution at our high school.  Over the
summer, we hope to integrate/replace the PA/intercom system (Teltrend IV)
to extend asterisk dialtone to the classrooms.

Contact me off list and I'd be more than happy to talk with you about our
progress, plans, and experiences.

Steve