[Asterisk-Users] Fax Detection on X100Ps

Bob Klepfer bob at photon-x.com
Wed Mar 17 14:12:21 MST 2004

Jonathan Biggs wrote:

> exten => fax,1,Dial(SIP/ata4fax) ; [1]
>
>Faxing via SIP?  Does that even work?
>Faxing works for me but it is via ZAP.

When I started I saw no obvious signs that it doesn't. I've seen several
references to a SIP channel in example fax exten lines, but
documentation is scarce.

>I do get the messages Fax detected redirecting
>to Fax extension.  Which you should get irregardless
>of SIP.

And this is my quandry..

>How are you testing this.  Asterisk listens for the
>Fax Tone, I see you are answering the line which is a
>must, Background should detect this I think..

yup.

>First step is to get the Fax detected by incoming

That's the plan.

>Redirecting Zap/1-1 to fax extension
>
>This message does not show up in my log
>but DOES show up in my asterisk -r session or a
>redirection of asterisk -vvvc stdout to a file

I'm watching the asterisk-r off an asterisk started with -vvvc, and I
see nothing like that message.  If  anyone wants to see other configs,
let me know.

I just realized I haven't tested both x100p cards....that's next...after
work when I get a chance to test.

Bob