[Asterisk-Users] Fax Detection on X100Ps (Fixed!...I think)

Bob Klepfer bob at photon-x.com
Wed Mar 17 14:54:15 MST 2004

Replying to my own email here...

Bob Klepfer wrote:

> Jonathan Biggs wrote:
>
>> exten => fax,1,Dial(SIP/ata4fax) ; [1]
>>
>> Faxing via SIP?  Does that even work?
>> Faxing works for me but it is via ZAP.
>>

> When I started I saw no obvious signs that it doesn't. I've seen
> several references to a SIP channel in example fax exten lines, but
> documentation is scarce.

See below.

<snip>

> I'm watching the asterisk-r off an asterisk started with -vvvc, and I
> see nothing like that message.  If  anyone wants to see other configs,
> let me know.
>
> I just realized I haven't tested both x100p cards....that's
> next...after work when I get a chance to test.
>
> Bob

Um, ok.  So it works now.  Redirect message is there, and the fax
answers.  I didn't even try the second card, but I did try the "d"
option to Dial (still looking for this documentation.).....and now 2
minutes later I just tried without "d" and, as I expected, it still
works without it.  What actually changed to make this work, I couldn't
tell ya.  Maybe it was that static spark between me and the shelving
where the server sits. :)

Thanks anyway,
Bob