[Asterisk-Users] Fax Detection on X100Ps

Jonathan Biggs jon_209 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 13:43:53 MST 2004

 exten => fax,1,Dial(SIP/ata4fax) ; [1]

Faxing via SIP?  Does that even work?
Faxing works for me but it is via ZAP.

I do get the messages Fax detected redirecting
to Fax extension.  Which you should get irregardless
of SIP.

How are you testing this.  Asterisk listens for the
Fax Tone, I see you are answering the line which is a
must, Background should detect this I think..

First step is to get the Fax detected by incoming

Redirecting Zap/1-1 to fax extension

This message does not show up in my log
but DOES show up in my asterisk -r session or a
redirection of asterisk -vvvc stdout to a file