[Asterisk-Users] Hangup X100P Issues

willy at yponeinc.com willy at yponeinc.com
Wed Mar 17 06:37:28 MST 2004

Hullo!
It appears that the X100P (FXO) does somehow not passes the
'hangup' signaling *.

Sample Scenario 1:
I call in on external line X100P.  I successfully ring an
extension.  The extension answers.  [we have an established
call going on now] I hangup (from the external call).
Listening to the extension, I just hear a faitn click and
then *silence* as if the caller stopped talking.
Eventually the person on the extension will actually hangup,
releasing the FXO

Sample Scenario 2:
As above, I call in through the X100P.  I dial an extension
for VoiceMailMain.  Somewhere in the process, I just hangup.
 The VoiceMailMain keeps happily looping until *eventually*
it actually times out.

I have tried both scenarions dialing in through IAX
(VoicePulse), and both work as expected: i.e. caller hangs
up, callee (on extension) hears a 'click' followed by
'congestion' tone.  The 'hangup' event is detected.
I searched the archives, but could not find a solution.
Any ideas,
TIA
Willy

Willy Wouters