[Asterisk-Users] SIPURA 2000 Problems

Andres andres at telesip.net
Tue Mar 16 15:08:18 MST 2004

Senad Jordanovic wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Essentially these are general issues I have with Sipura SPA 2000:
>

>     * If SPA 2000 is behind NAT, calls are not hanged up when receiver
>       is replaced. I think asterisk does not get hung-up signal from
>       SPA so called party user agent is ringing until timeout expires
>       or else!. This is even worse when call is actually answered
>       because caller is charged for usage regardless. I have the other
>       day spent £13 on a 30 seconds call... ;)

We have not experienced this issue from any of our customers that use
the SPA.

>     * I can not update device to latest .31 firmware. It just sits
>       there waiting for SPA 2000 to "not to be in use". I waited and
>       waited for many many minutes...

We upgrade via tftp from a central server and have not had this problem.

>     * SPA 2000 does not keep NAT port opened... so I have got it to
>       work only by re-registering it every 180 seconds. I am hoping
>       this issue is fixed in the latest firmware.. (which I can not
>       apply :) )..

We have many Sipura units behind various NATs.  All of them keep the NAT
port opened.  Why don't you capture the traffic coming from the SPA to
see if is is not sending the keep-alive.   If it is not then you have a
problem with your config.  We have used all firmware versions since
1.0.15 and all send the keep-alive just fine.

--
Andres
Network Admin