[Asterisk-Users] callprogress on outgoing calls placed via /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Mar 12 22:13:48 MST 2004

If you want reliable progress (busy, answer, etc) you must use a digital line
like a T-1 and/or PRI.  It's as simple as that.  There is no way for the X100P
to know when the call has been answered since analog lines do not signal that.
 callprogress tries to fake it by listening to the audio and guessing, but it
usually causes random hangups in the middle of calls instead.