[Asterisk-Users] LDAP user directory

Fran Boon flavour at partyvibe.com
Fri Mar 12 08:32:55 MST 2004

Jason Winget wrote:
> On our University campus we have all of our users in a LDAP directory.
> It would be great if we could interface with this store of information,
> so if we update a user's name we don't have to replicate it to another
> system.  Does this functionality exist here?  Can we add attributes to
> our LDAP people objects to affect their voice mail and phone interface
> on Asterisk?

I too have a desire to see this happen :)

The way forward that has been suggested to me is to use res_perl &
res_config for the configurations & then you can use the Net::LDAP module.

http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+res_config

(res_perl is available in the same CVS repository)

If you make any progress with this, then please share :)