[Asterisk-Users] LDAP user directory

Jason Winget jason.a.winget at uwrf.edu
Fri Mar 12 06:41:32 MST 2004

I can't find this in the archives, pardon me if it has already been
hashed out.  I have recently learned of Asterisk and are trying to get
my hands around the scope.

On our University campus we have all of our users in a LDAP directory.
It would be great if we could interface with this store of information,
so if we update a user's name we don't have to replicate it to another
system.  Does this functionality exist here?  Can we add attributes to
our LDAP people objects to affect their voice mail and phone interface
on Asterisk?