[Asterisk-Users] LDAP user directory

Jayson Vantuyl kagato at chaosium.net
Fri Mar 12 11:18:44 MST 2004

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 07:41:32AM -0600, Jason Winget wrote:
> I can't find this in the archives, pardon me if it has already been
> hashed out.  I have recently learned of Asterisk and are trying to get
> my hands around the scope.
>
> On our University campus we have all of our users in a LDAP directory.
> It would be great if we could interface with this store of information,
> so if we update a user's name we don't have to replicate it to another
> system.  Does this functionality exist here?  Can we add attributes to
> our LDAP people objects to affect their voice mail and phone interface
> on Asterisk?
I've done this a few times by hand with a simple cron job that runs a
Python script.  I use python-ldap to regenerate the extensions
configuration and then use the manager protocol to reload the
extensions.

Also, there is a dynamic extension database system for * that some
people use.  I don't know if that would work or not.

--
Jayson Vantuyl
Computing Edge, Inc.