[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Codecs [G.729]

Unavailable ID asterisk-users at betasphere.com
Mon Mar 8 17:29:07 MST 2004

Hello all,

I'm looking for advice for codec that works best for asterisk.  Anyone has real testing with all codecs, specially with G.729.  I have tested with single call on few codecs that come with asterisk by using IPTraf and the rate as of below:

ulaw 64 Kbps, sample-based Also known as alaw/ulaw 166kbits/sec
alaw 64 Kbps, sample-based Also known as alaw/ulaw 167kbits/sec
gsm 13 Kbps (full rate), 20ms frame size   66kbits/sec
speex 2.15 to 44.2 Kbps     n/a
iLBC 15Kbps,20ms frame size: 13.3 Kbps, 30ms frame size 57.6kbits/sec
G.729 8 Kbps, 10ms frame size    license

Have anyone test it with G.729?  Please let me know.

Thanks.