[Asterisk-Users] Codec Translation Problem on IAX Softphones - Incoming Only

Hadar Pedhazur hadar at unorthodox.com
Tue Mar 9 09:15:25 MST 2004

Philipp von Klitzing was kind enough to send the solution to me off
list, and I want to save others from responding as well, since his
solution worked! Here's what he wrote:

      Add this to the [hadar] context and reload the server:

      disallow=all
      allow=gsm

Only after seeing this, did I realize how obvious it is. Clearly, the
IAX softphones can only handle GSM, and by not overriding the default
setting of allowing ulaw, I was telling * that it was OK to change the
format from GSM to ULAW since the Sipura wanted ULAW. Doh.

On a separate note, I was having trouble getting cut off after 20-30
seconds on calls from DIAX to other IAX2 servers, but not from my hard
phones connected via Sipuras. A quick google of the list solved that
problem too, by adding:

      notransfer=yes

to the same context above. I think that's because my softphone is
behind NAT, on the same segment that another * server is behind NAT as
well, or something similar to that. Anyway, all is right with the
world again :-)

Thanks Philipp!

Lots of snipping, just summary problem and conf files left in...