[Asterisk-Users] x100p volume

Ryan R. Fligg rfligg at dstorage.com
Mon Mar 8 09:06:56 MST 2004

Chris,

Be careful with setting the volume in this manner.  This tip might save you
a bunch of headaches.  I adjusted the TX on my X100P cards to low negatives
values in accordance with the feedback I received from ztmonitor.  When I
achieved the levels that were satisfactory to me an interesting problem
arose.  My X100P would not longer dial out.  This makes complete sense now,
because the TX levels were not high enough to trigger an "off-hook" state.
But at the time I was trying to minimize echo and changing a couple of other
things.  This problem completely baffled the Digium Tech guys and only after
going to back to old CVS, different hardware, checking impedance on our
lines and a little sitting back and digesting did it the solution present
itself.

So just a word of warning, if you are messing with these settings and you
can no longer dialout, change them back before you check anything else.

Sincerely,

Ryan R. Fligg