[Asterisk-Users] Internet Phone Concept Question

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Fri Mar 5 20:06:54 MST 2004

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 06:45:32PM -0800, <Unavailable ID> wrote:

> Your connection is slow '128k and upload speed of 32k' so you probably need
> the G.729 codec ($$$ - $10/channel/call from Digium).

Yeah, I know... it's slow. But, I am in a "developing" country, and I
I'm a tightwad (don't wanna shell out bucks for the wee bit more
bandwidth if I can get by with what I got (which beats dial-up 10 ways
to next Sunday).

> To call to US, use * to connect to the IAX service provider such as
> http://connect.voicepulse.com/ or http://www.nufone.net/

Thank you.

> It looks like this:
>
> PSTN (USA) <--> IAX Provider <--> Asterisk <--> TDM card <--> Analog phones
>
> Hope this help.

Yep. This and the previous post help a lot. Thanks to both! You gave me
just what I needed to start checking things out myself.

-Greg

--
Mutt 1.4.1i on Slackware 9.1 Linux
Curridabat, San Jose, Costa Rica