[Asterisk-Users] Internet Phone Concept Question

Unavailable ID asterisk-users at betasphere.com
Fri Mar 5 19:45:32 MST 2004

Hi Greg,

Welcome to * world :-)

Your connection is slow '128k and upload speed of 32k' so you probably need
the G.729 codec ($$$ - $10/channel/call from Digium).

The X100P is only for dial-out from your phones that connect to TDM card.
This should use to dial local number in Costa Rica.

To call to US, use * to connect to the IAX service provider such as
http://connect.voicepulse.com/ or http://www.nufone.net/

It looks like this:

PSTN (USA) <--> IAX Provider <--> Asterisk <--> TDM card <--> Analog phones

Hope this help.

Tri Tu