[Asterisk-Users] Call roll-over question...

Brian R. Swan swannie at swannie.net
Fri Mar 5 18:04:05 MST 2004

I have another question for the group.  I'm trying to make the following
happen on my Cisco phone:

I have two lines configured, 2001 and 3001.  If I'm talking on 2001 and
someone tries to call me on 2001 I'd like the call to roll over to 3001 and
then if I don't answer, it goes to Voice mail.  I was able to accomplish this
using the following sequence in extensions.conf (I'm doing this from memory,
so I hope I got it right).

exten => 2001,1,Dial(SIP/2001,20)
exten => 2001,2,Dial(SIP/3001,20)
exten => 2001,3,Voicemail(u2001)

Now, while this works if I'm talking on 2001, the obvious problem is that if
none of the extensions are busy it will ring 2001 for 4 ring, then head over
to 3001 for 4 rings until going to voice mail.  So, I then tried the
following:

exten => 2001,1,ChanIsAvail(SIP/2001)
exten => 2001,2,Dial(SIP/2001,20)
exten => 2001,3,Voicemail(u2001)
exten => 2001,102,Transfer(3001)
exten => 2001,203,Voicemail(2001)
exten => 3001,1,Dial(SIP/3001,20)
exten => 3001,2,Voicemail(u2001)

Which seems (to my newbie eyes) that it should work, but... it doesn't.  If I
pickup 2001 and call from another extension it goes straight to voice mail.

Both extensions (2001,3001) work on their own, so I'm certain that they are
configured correctly.  Also, I have "call waiting" shut off on the cisco
phone (so it should reject the SIP call to 2001 as busy).

...any ideas?

Thanks!
Swannie