[Asterisk-Users] Getting Asterisk to automatically dialout

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Jun 29 11:28:12 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 12:10, Andrew Elchuk wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to get asterisk to auto-dail out.  I created a *.call file
> with the the top of it being "Channel: Zap/1/2609944", which should have
> connected to Zap channel 1 and dial out to 2609944, but It did not do
> so, asterisk would say a call was completed to Zap/1/2609944 but I never
> heard that phone ring.  So I tried just putting "Channel: Zap/1" at the
> top of the call file so it would connect to Zap channel 1, then in the
> *.call file connect it to an "outgoing" context in extensions.conf which
> looked like:

First, don't call out on specific channels. Put the channels in a group
and then use the group. Even if right now you only have one channel, it
will help you out later.

The first type of call file would be like this below
##############
Channel: Zap/g1/2609944
MaxRetries: 2
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30

# now to a context/extension/priority that does what you want.
Context: AutoAnswer
Extension: 4

> [outgoing]
>
> exten => s,1,Wait(1)
> exten => s,2,Dial(Zap/1/2609944)

This would never work since the dial would connect out and not return
till the call hungup.