[Asterisk-Users] Getting Asterisk to automatically dialout

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Tue Jun 29 10:40:02 MST 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Andrew Elchuk wrote:

> I'm trying to get asterisk to auto-dail out.  I created a *.call file

did you create the file in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/, or did you
create it elsewhere and then move it to that directory? The docs mention
that if the file is created in the outgoing directory, * may read the file
before you've finished writing it. But if you create the file elsewhere
and then move it, the entire contents are guaranteed to be in the
filesystem when * finds it. This might explain the difficulty you're
having..

Greg