[Asterisk-Users] Getting Asterisk to automatically dialout

Andrew Elchuk aelchuk at cronustech.com
Tue Jun 29 13:07:50 MST 2004

Hi,
I am not making the *.call files in the outgoing directory, they are
being created elsewhere then moved to /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing with
the "mv" command.  I put channel 1 into a group 1, and created a *.call
file that looks like this:
Channel: Zap/g1/2609944
Callerid: Nagios
MaxRetries: 1
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30
Context: alert
Extension: 4
This should connect with extension 4 of the "alert" context in
extensions.conf which looks like this:
[alert]

exten => 4,1,Wait(1)
exten => 4,2,Answer
exten => 4,3,Wait(2)
exten => 4,4,Playback(tt-somethingwrong)
exten => 4,5,Playback(vm-goodbye)
exten => 4,6,Hangup
I've incorporated a the hints people have given me into trying to solve
this but it still won't dialout on the analog phoneline plugged into the
back of the X100P card.  If you guys have any more ideas of how to solve
this that would be very much appreciated.  Thanks.