[Asterisk-Users] Adit 600 - Getting Dial Tone

Joshua McClintock joshm at singlestep.com
Mon Jun 28 20:04:54 MST 2004

Hello, I have an Adit 600 (3 FXS cards) hooked up to a digium T1 card in my
asterisk box.  I 'connected' the slots to the a:1 T1 interfaces via the
command line.  The slots (3 fxs) are configured with 'ls' signaling.  I
configured the T1 card with the same line settings as the T1 interfaces on
the adit and I get green lights on both the T1 card and the T1 interface on
the adit (so they seem to be happy at that link level).  I configured the T1
interface in the asterisk box to do 'fxsls' signaling on all 24 channels.

Couple questions:

1. Should I be getting dial tone on my punch down block yet?  I can tell the
handset it getting power when I touch it to the correct places on the punch
down block, but no dial tone.  Does asterisk need to be aware of these
channels before dial tone will be heard?

2. Did I configure the digium card correctly?  Does it need to be setup as
fxo on the asterisk side and fxs on the channel bank side?

Thank you.