[Asterisk-Users] Adit 600 - Getting Dial Tone

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Jun 28 20:12:32 MST 2004

On Monday 28 June 2004 23:04, Joshua McClintock wrote:
> Hello, I have an Adit 600 (3 FXS cards) hooked up to a digium T1 card in my
> asterisk box.  I 'connected' the slots to the a:1 T1 interfaces via the
> command line.  The slots (3 fxs) are configured with 'ls' signaling.  I
> configured the T1 card with the same line settings as the T1 interfaces on
> the adit and I get green lights on both the T1 card and the T1 interface on
> the adit (so they seem to be happy at that link level).  I configured the
> T1 interface in the asterisk box to do 'fxsls' signaling on all 24
> channels.

First things first: FXS ports use FXO signalling.

> 1. Should I be getting dial tone on my punch down block yet?  I can tell
> the handset it getting power when I touch it to the correct places on the
> punch down block, but no dial tone.  Does asterisk need to be aware of
> these channels before dial tone will be heard?

You won't get dialtone until Asterisk properly configured and running; it's
what generates the dialtone.

> 2. Did I configure the digium card correctly?  Does it need to be setup as
> fxo on the asterisk side and fxs on the channel bank side?

No, it is set up as FXS, but remember that FXS ports use FXO signalling.

out of curiousity, why did you choose an Adit600+T1 card for three FXS ports?
The TDM400P works great for FXS.

Regards,
Andrew