[Asterisk-Users] Multiple X100P in Asterisk box?

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Sun Jun 27 10:33:27 MST 2004

On Jun 27, 2004, at 10:00 AM, asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com
wrote:

> I can source second hand X100P for a very low price. Since it is for
> temporary use, I would like to use those. So can I hvae 5 or 6 of them
> in 1
> box? Will Asterisk be able to "see" them as separate entities?

Yes, they are seen as individuals like nics. I run two X100P cards.

However, you may run into major problems with interrupt sharing with
that many cards. In my system, I have 5 PCI slots. Slots 1 and 5 share
the same IRQ, so I can only use one card in either of those. Slot 3
shared one with the video card, which caused a hard freeze every time I
loaded the kernel module for them. That left room for three cards max,
two with the nic. All systems are different, of course, so you may have
to play around to see what works for you.

--
Seth "ad aster per aspera" Mattinen
sethm at rollernet.us