[Asterisk-Users] Multiple DTMF digits on 7960

Chris Lee cslee-list at cybericom.co.uk
Tue Jun 22 16:03:36 MST 2004

B. J. Bomar wrote:
> Hello all.  We have an asterisk system set up, and we are seeing a lot
> of multiple DTMF digits being read by asterisk.  In digging through the
> archives the only answer I have seen is to put in the statement
> relaxdtmf=yes in the zapata.conf file.  Since we are not using any
> zapata devices, I have tried to put that statement in my sip.conf file
> to no avail.  Any help would be appreciated as my end users are starting
> to get highly annoyed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> B. J.
If you are using G711 ALAW/ULAW as your codec and you have the DTMF set
to sip info or RFC it is possible that the hardware you are using is
duplicating it on the audio channel and that asterisk is decoding this.

This will result in the data arriving twice, once via sound the other
via sip.
I cant remember any specific solutions, but I think the grandstream
needs to have its DTMF set to sip info to prevent extra DTMF happening.

There was a bit on this in here a long time ago so have another trawl
through the archives.

Good luck

Chris