[Asterisk-Users] Re: X100P in Switzerland

Aaron Clauson aza_rc at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 10:44:11 MST 2004

Hi,

I had a similar problem for a while in Ireland.
Eventually after much hair tearing I decided it must
be something to do with the phone socket and commenced
to make a direct conenction between the twisted pair
and the X100P socket. Low and behold it worked.

After more mucking around I found I could get the card
to work, and get the red alarm removed, by jiggling
the RJ11 cable in the phone socket. I would plug a
analogue phone into the X100P and then a cable from
the line in on the card to the phone socket. By moving
the cable in and out of the socket I could get the
signal passed through to the phone and at the same
time clear the red alarm. I am pretty sure this has
something to do with the line impedance but despite
having a dim distant electronic engineering degree
don't really understand it??

hth,
Aaron

<quote>
Hi

Does anybody if the X100P works in Switzerland? We
can't get a line to
PSTN.

When I run zttool it shows me always a red alert. I
can make and receive calls with an
anlog phone plugged in the phone connector.

I've compiled and configured the card according to the
wiki. Everything
seemed to be ok.

Is there a way to debug this?

Regards