[Asterisk-Users] UK install

Chris Bond chris at logics.co.uk
Fri Jun 18 09:17:00 MST 2004

We're thinking of doing the same with our argent office system at the
moment.

> The Argent system is running about 30 POTS phones. Can someone suggest
> the cheapest option? Should I get some kind of large scale FXS box or
> would the cost of doing that on a large scale work out the same as
> getting cheap SIP phones?

Best bet is to use an IAXy or supr to convert the phone into an IAX2.  The
supr's have passthrough Ethernet ports so easier to do.  I suggest you get
one to try first if you have headsets that's what we're in the process of
doing soon.

The other way to do it would be get an ADTRAN 650 or 750, you can pick them
up cheap on ebay.  But this requires an extra PRI interface for each ADTRAN
box (unless there linked so they run via single T1 termination).

> Our Telco is NTL offering us an ISDN 30 style package. I assume this is
> a E100P card requirement? Any suggestions for good UK reseller or shall
> I get it direct from Digium?

Should work yes, digium direct are good or telappliant.

Would be really good if you could post your config files on a website once
you've got it all up wouldn't mind seeing the config, as we're about 3
months off before we think of converting ours.

Kind Regards,
Chris Bond