[Asterisk-Users] UK install

Storer, Darren starusers at comgate.tv
Fri Jun 18 09:06:24 MST 2004

Hi Tim,

TG> I am going to migrate from an Argent Office setup. My only problem
TG> is keeping costs down on the phones.

Why not use the Argent office as a channel bank? If you use a TE4XXP card
you could connect one E1 to NTL and one E1 to the Argent Office, thereby
allowing you to use your existing pots phones.

TG> Our Telco is NTL offering us an ISDN 30 style package. I assume this
TG> is a E100P card requirement? Any suggestions for good UK reseller or
TG> shall I get it direct from Digium?

You should check with NTL that the ISDN30 they are offering is full ETSI
EuroISDN (ISDN 110) and not the older ISDN 85 based product. If your circuit
is not full EuroISDN you will not be able to use it with Asterisk.

As for UK suppliers you should really ask in the biz mailing list otherwise
the users mailing list policemen will start patrolling! I can say that
there's no need to buy direct from Digium (and mess around with import duty
etc.) there are good resellers with local support here in the UK.

HTH

Darren
--
Comgate