[Asterisk-Users] UK install

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Jun 18 09:05:01 MST 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Tim Guy wrote:

> The Argent system is running about 30 POTS phones. Can someone suggest
> the cheapest option? Should I get some kind of large scale FXS box or
> would the cost of doing that on a large scale work out the same as
> getting cheap SIP phones?

A channel bank would allow you to connect the phones to the asterisk box
via a T1/E1. I think they are about 50 EUR / extension.

> I have a large number of POTS phones with headsets so I would have to
> take that into account if I replaced the phones with SIP's

Depending on what the old phones were you may be able to reuse the
headsets.

> Our Telco is NTL offering us an ISDN 30 style package. I assume this is
> a E100P card requirement? Any suggestions for good UK reseller or shall
> I get it direct from Digium?

We purchased our TE405P (4 port t1/e1 interface) from Telappliant
(http://www.telappliant.com). There was a short delay due to a mixup, but
we had our card in three or four business days.

Peter
--
Peter Svensson      ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
<petersv at psv.nu>    ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3  07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF