[Asterisk-Users] Having problems with Agents and calls going to voicemail

Aaron J. Angel aaron at angel-family.com
Thu Jun 17 18:46:26 MST 2004

Matthew Koch [asterisk at house-o-love.com] wrote:
> When I have 2 users logged in as Agents (using
> AgentCallbackLogin) they will both ring when a new call comes in.
>
> If, for instance, one of the users makes an outgoing call and
> a new call comes in, the caller will get sent directly to
> that agents busy voicemail message.

Depends on how your agents login.  Actually, it doesn't seem Asterisk works
well with voicemail to begin with, as there seems to be no variable for the
destination channel (although there is a CDR field).

However, one could do something like this with the AgentCallbackLogin app,
for example:

[agentext]
exten => 3000,1,Dial(SIP/3000)

[normalext]
exten => 3000,1,Macro(standardextensionmacro,SIP/3000)
exten => 555,1,AgentCallbackLogin(,${CALLERIDNUM}@agentext)

I really think this is a kludgy way to do it though, and would rather see a
${DSTCHANNEL} variable or the likes.  Now that I'm curious, I just might
delve into the code and see how to do that...