[Asterisk-Users] Having problems with Agents and calls going to voicemail

Matthew Koch asterisk at house-o-love.com
Thu Jun 17 12:56:41 MST 2004

I am having problems with a call queue setup
where voicemail seems to be getting in the way.
Here's what I've found:

When I have 2 users logged in as Agents (using
AgentCallbackLogin) they will both ring when a
new call comes in.

If, for instance, one of the users makes an
outgoing call and a new call comes in, the
caller will get sent directly to that agents busy
voicemail message.

It seems to me the queue should just ignore
that agent and move on to another agent if
there is one available. If there is not, the call
should sit in the queue until normal timeouts
apply.

As a side note, the 180 second timeout
doesn't seem to apply. The timeouts specified
in queues.conf do seem to have some affect,
but I can't tell what they end up meaning.

Here are the relevant configs:

-- queues.conf --

[FirstLevel]
music = default
monitor-format = gsm
monitor-join = yes
context = queue-options
timeout = 20
strategy = ringall
retry = 10
maxlen = 0
member => Agent/2000
member => Agent/2001

-- agents.conf --
agent => 2000,,Chuck Rice
agent => 2001,,Bob Smith

-- extensions.conf --
[Support]
exten => t,1,Queue(FirstLevel|nt|||180)
exten => s,1,Background(Q)
exten => s,2,Queue(FirstLevel|nt|||180)
exten => s,3,Queue(SecondLevel|nt|||180)
exten => s,4,Queue(ThirdLevel|nt|||180)
exten => s,5,Voicemail(b3000)

Matthew Koch
Ethostream LLC