[Asterisk-Users] trying to set an internal ivr

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Thu Jun 17 16:53:01 MST 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, PAZ wrote:
> 	I'm trying to implement an IVR for internal use for the
> enterprise I work for, but the goal I'm trying to reach is that the
> main menu of this IVR present itself to the user after 5 seconds he picks
> up his extension (and only if the user doesn't press any key, off course).
> I imagine the solution (if exists) maybe relies in timeout properties,
> but I can't see it. Any suggestions for my extension.conf file ?.

once a connection is established to the server, you could have
exten => t,1,Goto(yourIVR)
or similar. But that depends on the phone making a connection to * as soon
as the handset is lifted. The xten softphone (currently my only SIP device
:( ) doesn't actually connect to the SIP server until you push the call
button. I guess that if a hardware phone actually connects immediately,
then you could probably make the timeout extension work. Maybe you can
adjust the timeout length with
exten => s,1,DigitTimeout(5)
or something similar. ResponseTimeout might work for that too.. I'm just
guessing, though.. I had an idea but no hardware to test on.

Greg