[Asterisk-Users] trying to set an internal ivr

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Fri Jun 18 00:23:24 MST 2004

You're basically looking for hotline functionality.  I'm using Sipuras
for my FXS ports, and they can be configured to dial a phone number upon
pickup.  I played with that before, and the call was established so
quickly that I had to add a "Wait" instruction in there so the receiver
could make it to the ear :)

If you're using zap channels for FXS, you could do something line (in
zapata.conf):
context => instantpickup
immediate => yes
channel => 10-60