[Asterisk-Users] UIP200

Michael Swan swan at neon.com
Wed Jun 16 15:13:45 MST 2004

At 03:19 PM 6/16/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We've recently deployed 6 Uniden UIP200 phones (running firmware 4.54).
>
>We've been having some serious problems:
>
>1) All the phones randomly reboot themselves.  Typically when trying to
>answer or initiate a call.
>
>2) All the phones will disconnect from a calls with the PSTN after 2-3
>minutes.
>
>3) The phones are unable to interact with a remote IVR (digit presses
>are not received at the remote end).  Interactions local to * (ie:
>vmail) do work (using rfc2833).
>
>I've been able to duplicate these problems both on a customer site, and
>in my own test environment.
>
>Has anyone else using the UIP200 experience any of these issues?  Still
>waiting for Uniden Support to return my call.

Hi Ryan,

Granted we only have one UIP200 in for testing purposes, but have had it
running for about 30 days now, with firmware 4.54 and running on PoE.
WRT your problems:

1) we've observed one spontaneous reboot
2) we've not seen problems with disconnects at all
3) we successfully interact with remote IVR

This phone has been more reliable than say, our snom 200 or Grandstream.
We also use SipTone II and Cisco 7960.

Michael Swan
Neon Software, Inc.