[Asterisk-Users] ASTERISK V. SER

Kevin Brennan kevin.brennan at redsquared.com
Tue Jun 15 13:09:35 MST 2004

Getting back to the original questions ASTERISK V SER. From reading on SER
it's designed to purely to be a SIP server (registrar, proxy, redirect) and
is much better than * at that. Since SER is SIP based it will be handling
call control and not voice traffic. As mentioned on wiki SER & * work well
together is a scalable VOIP solution  SER handles registrar (provisioning)
and proxy, * is PSTN gway/voicemail. Don't ask me howto this is preaching
without practice. The VOIP cookbook has a good overview which you can
download from http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~prelle/terena/.
Br /Kev/