[Asterisk-Users] collaboration with Panasonic PBX

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Mon Jun 14 09:17:23 MST 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Fran Boon wrote:

> Peter Svensson wrote:
> > will work both for incoming and outgoing. Note that the KX-TD1232 analog
> > lines do not provide caller id, at least ours do not.
>
> That's a shame- what protocol do they use? DTMF?
> http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+bounty+non-Bellcore-CLID

Analog extensions is what I ment. Sorry for the confusion. There is no
callerid at all on the analog estensions, only on the digital (system
phones) extensions and the internal isdn busses.

There is an add-on card (KX-TD193) that provieds caller id for 4
extensions.

> > Another option could be to connect Asterisk using an internal isdn
> > extension. We have a few isdn modems hanging off our pbx that way and they
> > get callerid etc so Asterisk should be able to as well. We interface
> > Asterisk to our pbx using a pri line instead so I have not tried using a
> > bri line myself.
>
> Do you use the TD-1232's 'T1' interface, then?
> - with what PRI card? Digium or Cisco or what?
> - does it support Q.931?

No, their E1 PRI card. I think they are not the same. There was a 1 digit
difference in the model number. We connect it to a TE405P which is also
connected to the pstn. All isdn lines use EuroISDN (q.931 with etsi
modifications).

> Their webpage is vague as to exactly what they mean by 'T1'
> http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?displayTab=F&storeId=11251&catalogId=11005&itemId=62983&catGroupId=11112&modelNo=KX-TD1232&surfModel=KX-TD1232&ignoreRedirect=1

They have a lot of different interface cards for the kx-td1232.
  KX-TD290 is a E1 PRI card ccording to our documentation.
           However, from reading on the web it may also be a T1 PRI
           This is strange, you should contact your sales representative
           lest you end up with a doorstop.
  KX-TD187 T1 without isdn

> Thanks for any extra information - I need to interface * with one of
> these in 2 locations.

You can contact me privatly if you want more information.

Peter
--
Peter Svensson      ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
<petersv at psv.nu>    ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3  07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF