[Asterisk-Users] collaboration with Panasonic PBX

Fran Boon flavour at partyvibe.com
Mon Jun 14 08:20:59 MST 2004

Peter Svensson wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Shoval Tomer wrote:
>>Can I use a Wildcard X100P to connect an outgoing line jack (on the
>>Panasonic) to Asterisk, so I can route calls from the PBX to Asterisk,
>>and calls from Asterisk to the PBX?
> If you mean connecting the X100P to an analog extension line then that
> will work both for incoming and outgoing. Note that the KX-TD1232 analog
> lines do not provide caller id, at least ours do not.

That's a shame- what protocol do they use? DTMF?
http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+bounty+non-Bellcore-CLID

> Another option could be to connect Asterisk using an internal isdn
> extension. We have a few isdn modems hanging off our pbx that way and they
> get callerid etc so Asterisk should be able to as well. We interface
> Asterisk to our pbx using a pri line instead so I have not tried using a
> bri line myself.

Do you use the TD-1232's 'T1' interface, then?
- with what PRI card? Digium or Cisco or what?
- does it support Q.931?

Their webpage is vague as to exactly what they mean by 'T1'
http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?displayTab=F&storeId=11251&catalogId=11005&itemId=62983&catGroupId=11112&modelNo=KX-TD1232&surfModel=KX-TD1232&ignoreRedirect=1

Thanks for any extra information - I need to interface * with one of
these in 2 locations.