[Asterisk-Users] Junghanns QuadBRI stable?

Michael Sandee ms at zeelandnet.nl
Sun Jun 13 00:21:54 MST 2004

Hi Gaël,

I'm glad it worked out so far, I was not entirely sure if I suggested
the right things, I would have asked for a pri debug next if it didn't work.

Personally I have used the QuadBRI's for 6 weeks without serious
problems. I have had 1 freeze which has been resolved in 0.0.2 final. We
currently even have an alarm system running on a machine with QuadBRI's
as a temporarily fix for a non-existant analogue line... FYI I am using
the QuadBRI's on original Intel P4 boards (6PCI), and a compaq desktop.
I am using Gentoo with vanilla 2.4 and 2.6 kernels, but it should not
give any problems with other distro's.

I have used the QuadBRI with both 2.4 and 2.6... the 2.6 gives a little
more performance, but some more risk. If I were you I would try 2 things:

Other hardware, I have used the TE410P in a DL380 before with very
little success. It actually didn't work when using it in the 133Mhz slot...

Use a vanilla kernel instead of the distro kernel... this is where it
gets tested on. But this should not matter in your case where you
already tested 2 distributions.

Make sure you do not run ztcfg twice, (I think this bug is still open,
but I am not sure).
Other than that: try loading qozap and not running ztcfg/asterisk....
and loading qozap, running ztcfg and not running asterisk. (To determine
a little closer where the problem is)

Good luck,

Michael Sandee