[Asterisk-Users] NetworkWorld article on Open Source Telephony

Gelson Dias Santos gelson.santos at opservices.com.br
Fri Jun 11 11:04:01 MST 2004

Brent Franks wrote:

> Aside from echo issues that seem to be apparent with everyone occasionally
> (by everyone, those not running hardware T1 echo cans) I believe * is
> ready for the prime time.  Integrators however should have a better

	I add to the list: hangup detection on FXO interfaces is terrible. The
busy tone detection routines does not work right/reliably, at least not
for those outside USA. Same thing about callprogress, the lack of
support for DTMF CallerID and no R2 signaling.
	Without these features * will never be a serious option outside US.

	Gelson