[Asterisk-Users] ISDN BRI with National (north america) Signalling

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Wed Jun 9 08:50:38 MST 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 11:24:11AM -0400, Jon Pounder said:
> Also for any ISDN gurus out there - is there a simple way to loop back BRI
> so I can call from one B to the other for testing with the proper
> signalling for National to see if asterisk actually works without
> committing to ordering a line that will be useless if it does not work.

While I'm not an ISDN guru, a google for ISDN loopback shows products in
the $150 range that are designed for this. Most seem to be euro, but
there are US products too.

FWIW, I would also be very interested in US BRI ISDN w/ * info. Analog POTS
just blows. Looking through the Verizon tariffs, it seems as conversion
from POTS to BRI is supported and reasonably affordable.