[Asterisk-Users] Re: DNS SRV records

Darren Edmundson asterisk at at.dot.durge.org
Wed Jun 9 03:42:57 MST 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Duane wrote:
> Everyone will use A records regardless... They make up part of the SRV
> record so either way things aren't suddenly going to break...

Well, people with a default setup won't be able to contact me, despite the
fact that I'm adhereing to the standard. I'd call that broken :)

> BUT until someone out of
> the 4 or 5 that has whined about my posts gets it turned on by default

Unfortunately, while the people who matter (those with CVS access and who
accept patches) don't all agree that SRV records are a good enough idea
make that change, theres little that we can do other than raise bug
reports (as I've done) and watch it get discussed and (to all intents and
purposes) declined.

> Until then it doesn't worry me 1 iota,
> they both work identically for me

...until you need to place a call to someone who *has* followed the
standard.

 -Darren

--
Darren Edmundson - Internet & 3G Technologist
Voice/Video: +447782324636  Fax: +447782799422
MSN:gridzero at hotmail.com