[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: DNS SRV records

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Jun 7 20:08:41 MST 2004

>>> Exactly my point, by ***DEFAULT*** Asterisk won't use SRV records,
>> is this a feature or a bug?
> A feature of course, IMHO, nothing should be enabled by default

good, let's turn off udp and tcp support; most attacks use one or
the other. srv rrs are from the bleedin' rfc.  try the introduction
to the sip spec, RFC 3486.

> In fact, I think it would be nice if all modules/apps/chans/etc were
> marked noload by default (except the bare minimum required to get
> asterisk to start with no channels...).

with this, i have no problem.  but srv and naptr lookup are part
of sip; turn sip on and you should have them.  otherwise you will
not place correct standard calls to all sites.

it is not ours to decide that srv and naptr are not the way this
will be implemented; it's in the standard.  and telling folk "don't
use a sip url, use enum" is technical, social, and business
insanity.

randy