[Asterisk-Users] Newbie questions about ISDN&zapata.conf, outbound dialing, TDMoE

Stefan-Michael. Günther (in-put GbR) S.Guenther at in-put.de
Fri Jun 4 01:16:26 MST 2004

Hi,

I spent some hours working my way through the WIKI and a number of other
documentations, but after all, three questions are still left:

1. I'm using a Fritz!Card with the i4l driver - no problem at all,  my
Grandstream BT 100 rings when I diall a regular phone number.
Is there any need for me to configure the zapata.conf for the ISDN card to get
a special asterisk feature or is this file really only necessary for zapata
devices?

2. Is outbound dialing only configured in the extension.conf or do I have to
edit another file?

3. I want to connect two asterisk servers over a vpn tunnel (perhaps with
static, maybe with dynamic addresses). Is TDMoE the thing I have to look at
to set this up? The corresponding wiki article says that I must have a zaptel
interface ?!

Thanks a lot for any helpful comment.
RTFM is okay, as long as you tell me the right page(s), too. ;.))

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
Stefan-Michael Günther
Moltkestraße 49	D-76133 Karlsruhe