[Asterisk-Users] Newbie questions about ISDN&zapata.conf, outbound dialing, TDMoE

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Fri Jun 4 02:10:52 MST 2004

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Stefan-Michael. [iso-8859-15] Günther (in-put GbR) wrote:

> 1. I'm using a Fritz!Card with the i4l driver - no problem at all,  my
> Grandstream BT 100 rings when I diall a regular phone number.
> Is there any need for me to configure the zapata.conf for the ISDN card to get
> a special asterisk feature or is this file really only necessary for zapata
> devices?

zapata.conf is only for Zap devices.  I believe modem.conf configures
isdn4linux.

You should definitely look at the CAPI driver that Kapejod wrote, though.
www.junghanns.net.

It delivers much better latency, and more features.

> 2. Is outbound dialing only configured in the extension.conf or do I have to
> edit another file?

There's stuff in modem.conf.  But like I said you should look at Kapejod's
CAPI driver.

> 3. I want to connect two asterisk servers over a vpn tunnel (perhaps with
> static, maybe with dynamic addresses). Is TDMoE the thing I have to look at
> to set this up? The corresponding wiki article says that I must have a zaptel
> interface ?!

You'll use IAX to link your two servers.

Steve