[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk & fax-out

Doug R dougr at dwwfl.com
Fri Jun 4 00:08:58 MST 2004

I will try spandsp then.

On another note, what SIP server works best with Asterisk?  I want to use Asterisk for a PSTN gateway, and currently I am using as a SIP server since it seems like everything else has so many firewall issues.

If I have all my SIP clients using the same codec, does it take a lot of processing power to just route calls from one phone to another on asterisk?  I've tried Vocal with little success with firewalls, and SIP Express with better luck, but neither seem nearly as easy to use as Asterisk is.  I'm able to run multiple Asterisk servers - in fact I have 5 dual 1ghz systems with nearly a gig of RAM each ready to run whatever - SER, Vocal, Asterisk, etc.  But I really like Asterisk for it's features, and the fact that it's NAT-proof (with canreinvite=off, of course).  About how many SIP-SIP calls could I route, without transcoding, at the same time on one of those machines....?   Would I be expecting too much to get say, 50-100 SIP-SIP calls on one machine simultaneously?