[Asterisk-Users] Re: Transfer with Budgetone

John Fraizer tvo at enterzone.net
Wed Jun 2 11:28:36 MST 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> John Fraizer wrote:
>

>> Asterisk handles transfer just fine.  It's the P-O-S Grandstreams that
>> don't.
>>
> Even this analogue phone that's on my desk handles this... it's not
> normally a function of the phone, but of the PBX.
>
> How do companies that use asterisk handle incoming support calls?? I'm
> genuinely surprised anyone can survive without this feature.
>
> Tony

They don't use Piece-of-S%#^ Grandstream phones? Like I said, this is a
problem with the PHONE and not with Asterisk.  And your analog phone on
your desk has to be able to TELL the PBX you want to transfer a call.
The PBX doesn't just read it's mind.  The same goes for VOIP phones.  If
it doesn't have a way to signal that you want to transfer the call, it
can't do it.  It's just that simple.

So, in short: Buy a cheap phone, get cheap results.

Oh, and if you like your Grandstream, don't ever handle, let alone USE a
Cisco phone.  You'll be ruined for life if you do.  My grandstream is
now a "toy" phone for my 1 y/o son.  It never was much more than a toy
to begin with.

John