[Asterisk-Users] Re: Transfer with Budgetone

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Jun 2 17:21:26 MST 2004

John Fraizer wrote:
> your desk has to be able to TELL the PBX you want to transfer a call.

No it doesn't there's a universal (?) standard for this - hit recall, dial new
number.  Heck it even works on PSTN lines if you pay for the right services.

> So, in short: Buy a cheap phone, get cheap results.

Gransteams are *not* cheap.  They're 2-3 times more expensive than analog phones.

I'm investigating VOIP for my boss (who would rather train everyone on MSN
Messenger but some people want a 'real' phone to talk with).  If I were to
spec anything more expensive than a Granstream it'd blow out the entire
upgrade budget just on the phones!  However I'm currently looking at the
feasability of keeping the analog system and having some kind of
analog/digital interface (if it can be done for less than £10/line then that's
the answer).

Tony

--
Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917