[Asterisk-Users] Simultaneous ring internal extension and external phone number?

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Jun 2 05:32:41 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 01:01, Tracy R Reed wrote:
> Note however that this WILL NOT work if one of the devices you are calling
> is on a Zap channel. I have a PRI and I would love to ring my cell phone
> AND my desk phone (SIP) at the same time but if I try only the Zap
> interface rings. I posted regarding this a few days ago. It seems silly to
> have to go out through another VOIP provider when I have my own PRI. I
> have clients who want this feature too so I would really like to solve
> this problem.

This is a problem with ANALOG interfaces, but not normally an issue with
PRI (aka DIGITAL) interfaces.  Something else is going on that's causing
this problem for you.  I can see callprogress= or busydetect= causing
something like this.  These two options are designed for analog
interfaces and I don't know what sorts of issues would happen if you
tried using them with PRIs.  One of the biggest reasons people use PRIs
is so they don't have this problem.   I don't know what to suggest to
you, other than not to give up.  This is a fixable issue with PRIs.

--
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows